24 Sep Recipe: fruit with merengue: a perfect dessert
Tip for those who love us: we often eat this only an hour after dinner, so you will have less tendency to do something later in the evening.
Required per person for fruit with merengue:
- 1 protein
- 40 grams of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of water
- 150 grams of fruit – for example frozen raspberries or pieces of apple (the photo shows a combination of blueberries and raspberries)
If you use frozen fruit, it is advisable to defrost it beforehand. If you use large fruit, cut it into pieces.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- Divide the fruit on ovenproof dishes
- Beat the egg whites, and keep the mixer close
- Put the sugar with the water in a small non-stick pan. Put this on the fire, now you have to pay attention. The sugar will melt and also boil. The sugar syrup is ready when the bubbles lightly color. Then it is on fire for five minutes
- Turn the mixer back on, while you mix the egg whites, remove the sugar syrup from the heat and pour it (still boiling hot) in a thin stream onto the egg whites. Keep mixing in the meantime. The proteins are now a bit tougher
- Put the egg whites on the fruit and put the dishes in the oven
- After 10 minutes your dessert is ready!
Enjoy your meal!